1. Chaperones ~ We allow an unlimited amount of chaperones; however, chaperones will be charged a $7.00 fee. School tours are scheduled Tuesday through Friday. You may choose to bring your class in the morning or afternoon. There will be an area available for snacks or lunch before or after your 2 hour farm tour. Our thought is that the more chaperones present, the easier for you ( the teacher) and us (the farmers). If a chaperone decides to bring a sibling of one of the students, the chaperone will need to pay full tour price for the child.
2. Payment ~ We strongly urge that you pay for the field trip with a school or personal check. We also accept cash and credit cards. We can always refund you in cash for children who do not come or you can add cash to adjust for last minute changes. We want to spend time with the students, and not with the collection of money. Please collect money from students and siblings prior to arrival and have one adult per group in charge of handling payment.
3. When to arrive ~ Please email 2 – 3 days prior to your trip to confirm and give a more specific headcount of the total number of students, teachers, parents and sibling coming. Please arrive for your “check-in-time” approximately five to ten minutes prior to the start of your field trip so your group can start promptly. We do not like to have to hurry you through what should be an educational and fun field trip.
4. Do not assume
that the bus driver knows where you are going. Be sure to give
detailed directions to the bus driver before you leave your
building/school. Please call us if necessary. When you arrive,
please have your designated “lead teacher” come to the
farm store to give a total headcount and payment. At that time,
you will be told where you group needs to go first.
5. What to bring ~ several
Sharpie markers or labels to label student’s pumpkins, large
box for carrying pumpkins or plastic bags for each pumpkin, baby wipes for the children’s
hands (we have hand sanitizer but it may be a good idea to
bring baby wipes as well).
6. Inclement weather ~ Bad weather in your area does not necessarily mean that it will be bad weather here at the time of your field trip. If you have questions, please call us at 301-399-9812. If we need to reschedule your farm tour due to inclement weather, we will do our best to identify and new date and time.
7. School tours are
scheduled Tuesday through Friday. There will be an area
available for snacks or lunch before or after your farm tour.
8. Attire ~ We suggest
that you wear comfortable clothing and shoes, this is a real
farm with lots of dirt.
9. Teachers and parents are responsible for the control of the children during the field trips.
10. Cancellations ~ Cancellations within two days of the visit are severely damaging in that another class is deprived of a trip. Therefore, cancellation within this period, or “no-shows,” will result in the school being billed as if the trip took place. Further visits from that school will have to be paid for in advance. Cancellations need to be person to person, messages left on voice mail are NOT acceptable.
We look forward to seeing you and
your students. We hope